My invisible Elders are blinding me with their wierd and wonderful lights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lekki_Sheep

Sorry about this, but I've currently not got access to my home connection (or computer) and I can't remember which card I'm using, but on the off-chance it's not a card-specific fault and I've just activated some feature I shouldn't have here we go. If anyone thinks it's card specific, I'll try and remember to pick up ALL my system specs before coming to work tomorrow.

Here it is. It's Oblivion. I've just thought to take a nice nap in the drunken dragon inn and wake up to the mysterious Lucienne Lechance. Everything goes swimmingly as he tells me about the lovely playgroup he's inviting me to join. It's only when he walks away and tries to go invisible that things go wrong. His silouette stays as a clear and transparent Mr.Lechance, while all around is a mess of either equally spaced spots of contrasting colour, or lines. It's not just Mr.Lechance either, it's everything that's invisible except my own hands (provided I'm looking in 1st person that is).

Appologies if I ramble on. Please feel free to grumble at the unnessesary narative above.

Have you installed the patch they released a couple of weeks ago? it had a lot of bug fixes.

Ah, it's a beta. Didn't realise it was a beta. I think I'll wait until they release a patch they'll vouch for as stable. I've invested too much time and love in my characters to risk having to reinstall. I know I could probably backup the savegames, but I've had some very bad experiences in the past with doing this. Several hundred hours of play gone in ten minutes is not a funny experience.

Couldn't resist. I patched it, and it's fine now. Just in case anyone has a similar issue I thought I'd best post this. It's nice NOT to see Lucien Lechance walking away after a meeting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back