My Keyboard Just Stopped Working

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a HP Pavillion 7935 and my computer wont recognize my keyboard anymore. It just stopped working. I tried reinstalling the drivers for it but that didnt work. I tried reformating my computer with the partitioned recovery system but that didnt work either. I am on my friends comp right now so if someone could get back to me ASAP to try and help it would be greatly appriciated. Thankyou

this mightsound stupid but is it plugged in?? is it possible in could have accidently pulled knocked out by maybe feet under the desk??

Well it sounds like it could either be the PS/2 port on your computer or just the keyboard is bad. Try using a different keyboard as realbackstuff has said, if that doesn't work contact HP and see if you still have their warranty.

It sounds like either you have a fried ps2 port, or a dead keyboard. if you unplugged your keyboard when the power was on, or even if the power was off and the computer was plugged in, then its probably a fried ps2 port. I'd try usin the keyboard on a different computer, and seein if it really was the keyboard, and if it isnt, looks like ya gotta go USB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back