My kid pealed of last three digits of Halo Product Key!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mirob

Well I have most of it stll. As a figure I just have 35937 possiblitys left. :(
so I have:
xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-G2???

Any why to find out the rest of it?
Anyone with a key that looks like this that may be able to narrow my quest down a little?

Is it already installed on your PC? There are some programs that may be able to get the key if the game is already installed.

Do you know of one?

Yes, it's on one. I was going to reinstall Window on another hard drive, but I guess I'll just clone the whole thing.

I'm trying to find the program I used.
Have you looked in the registry? A lot of times, it's stored there.

It's there, but it makes no sence. It's a very long series of hex numbers, and not character codes. I can't find a reader.

I emailed MS. I'm sure they will sell me a new one.

Good news

ya i would wait until MS replys, but sometimes they're too busy and they can't. Is there another company that made Halo? If so, call them. They might have some kind of override code or another working product key ;)

This is my email back from M$,

Please contact the Microsoft Customer Central Support to obtain a new product key. Customer Service Representative will try to generate a generic Product Key.

To contact Microsoft Customer Central Support and receive new key, follow these steps:

---------------------------------------------------------------

1. Call 1-800-936-5700

2. Wait on the line until you are presented with new options

3. Press 0 (zero) to speak to a Customer Service Representative

4. The Customer Service Representative will inform regarding key generator limits in addition to the surcharge for getting a new key generated.

Please let me know if this information addresses your concern. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.

Best regards,

To provide additional feedback or to explore more support options, please visit the Microsoft Help and Support website at: http://support.microsoft.com/games

$10 for a new key.

So the key is in hex.

You can use the windows calculator to convert hex back into standard numbers.

ok, I know this isnt much help, but i dont think it was a good idea writing part of the cd key on the internet, lol, someone else could steal it, and dont want that to happen

If you can guess the other 22 digits you can have it. Three were t0o many for me to guess.

same problem

i bought halo and the box didnt come with the product key..i called the tech support # in the halo manual and they gave me the key free of charge the first time (said second time they charge $10 fee). just call em and say box didnt come with key and im sure the'll be happy to give you a new one

I would say pay $10. its just that easy. then you can write it down, or save it on your computer. then again, you can use a reader, windows calculator does work.

Problem solved!

STOP! Don't blow your money on something you already own.

Halo is released through Microsoft, and as such uses the same Digital Product ID algorithm as Windows, Office, etc.

What you need is a key finder that allows you to manually enter the ID.
KeyViewer by www.alphacomps.com

At the bottom of the web page explains How to get the raw key from "DigitalProductId". Download the viewer, follow the directions and you should be able to retrieve your key. It worked for me! :)

I found this site came here trying to do the exact same thing. Since I am a complete computer n00b, I had hard time retrieving it, so I wrote out some instructions that (I hope) are easy to follow. For the many who are sent here because it is the first hit on a google search for "retrieve halo product key", I hope this will be of help.

Thanks to g0dFather whose information helped a lot :)

My step-by-step guide:
http://findhaloproductkey.ssr.be/

I had to write and join of course. Anyway, my son threw out the box that Halo came in and he was at my house and wanted to play it(Halo) on my Badass computer. He puts the disk in only to get the product key prompt. After I bitched him out for hurrying through things, I told him relax that Dad would fix it. I tried a couple of programs from majorgeeks before I gave up and did a google search and found this thread.
Thanks Lost & Found for this,
My step-by-step guide:

http://findhaloproductkey.ssr.be/

and Godfather for putting on the right path. All is well now.

Gary

You people asking for help on this topic should start new threads. This thread is ridiculously old and should not be resurrected.

Thank you lost_and_found!!

Thanks so much for taking the time to make that link with the description. It worked perfectly, and I've retrieved my key. I know this is a "ridiculously old" thread, but it's still helping people like me. I kind of felt burned that I paid for a game and couldn't use it just because I misplaced a product key. Power to the people!

googlerguy... you brought back a dead thread that was boughten back to life that was dead?!

Ok... make a new thread :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back