My Lite-on cant write on CDRW - Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought and install Lite-on LDW 401S onto my PC running on window XP.
Uses Nero to copy/write to CDR with no problem. However I could not copy or write any files to a CDRW.
What is wrong? Do I miss out installing some driver or what?
Tried installing INCD but PV hanged

Hope someone out there can help

Thanks

You could try upating the firmware of your drive. Sometimes this is needed to make it recognise certain media.

emailed lite-on tech support and upgrade firmware as suggested. But still no luck. Still cant write or format CDRW

CDRWs are very sensitive to CDRW media. You should return your CDRW discs and try another brand.

You'll also need to get the proper speed of media. A lot of CDRW discs sold are 4x and may not work a new burner which uses "high" or "ultra" speed RW discs. You may need something such as 8x, 10x, 12x or better.

If yu can burn regular CDRs, then there's probably not anything wrong with y our drive.

Thank you all you people oudt there. My conclusion now is the lite-on bought is at fault. I took the same CDRW which cannot be formated on my lite-on to a friend who is using Sumsung CD writer and he had no problem formating the CDRW.
Thanks & lets hope the retailer who sold me the lite-on will allow a replacement

Toi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back