My m-audio FW 410 deactivating all the time!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

idealkrush

my m-audio FW 410 deactivating all the time!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the problem is the sudden deactivation's of my sound card and the pause of everything i can do.I can not listen or record.My sound card is suddenly gone from my software and the pc doesnt recognize any such a device.This happens maybe after 15 minutes and i have to stop everything and reboot till the next time again.Its pretty annoying as u can understand.I had the same problem when i was using my pc almost a year ago when i first started using the device.It was brand new then!The problem stopped several months after when i changed the firewire ports on my pc and finally the deactivation appears every 5-6 days now (which is ok by me).
In my new laptop i have the same problem(every 10-15 minutes deactivation) but its not that easy to change the fw ports again plus i dont want to.I am tired all these problems with the particular card.Can u please help me solving the problem?i have the latests drivers but thats irrelevant.I have payed so much money for that fine card (when it works!!) but i am sick of this problem.heeeeeeeeeelp!!

new laptop/fujitsu siemens/1g ram/3ghz

Sounds as if you are overdriving your audio... too loud, too long, too hot. Get better gear or cool it.

overdriving???

thanks for th ereply!
overdriving???what do u mean?that i leave the pc on too much?its happening right after 15 minutes...

Not that you do it all the time. It can be damaged if you seriously overdrive it one time. The audio on too many machines is simply to fragile for high volume play for long periods. Components can overheat and burn out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back