My Microphone doesn't work.. help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reason

"Mic-Recording" troubleshooting

(Short Version): My mic doesen't work when I try to operate it, and when I look into the options of "Volume", it turns up transparent blanks. How can I fix this problem so that I may record sound through the mic? I've tried almost everything and nothing seems to work.

(Long Version): Alright, I have a problem with the audio recording for my computer. Whenever I plug in a mic and hit up the "Sound Recorder" and try to record something, the **** never comes through. It USED to, but now it doesen't show the wavy lines that suggests that sound is coming through when I record. When I play back, there is NOTHING. I checked to ensure that the mic is plugged into the right hole on my hard drive tower in the back, and it is. I went through the sound options, making certain that everything is checked where it needs to be accordingly ... BUT there are a few blanks suggesting to me that I must have something turned off somewhere when it doesen't need to be, so I'm not sure what I need to click and what I do not need to click. Can you help me out with this so I can make them from going transparent to going solid? The pics I've attached to this message will let you know what I mean ... it's like the whole mic-system is dead in the options, and it won't allow me through. If you could give me a step-by-step troubleshooting procedure to go through, I'd be much obliged. If there are any more questions you need that I can provide for this instance, I'll try my best. Thanks.

I have a similar problem

I have a labtec® stereo 342 headset however, it seems not to work, in the volume control my microphone volume bar/tab/thing (Options->Properties->Recording->Microphone) has a gray box next to "mute" so i cannot adjust whether the mic is muted or not, thats why I ask: Can you please help me? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back