My monitor moves the screen picture itself !

Status
Not open for further replies.

DigitAlex

When I boot my PC and when the monitor turns on (for example when exiting from standby mode) the screen image is projected too low, the bottom pixels are not visible ! :mad:

First, i moved the image each time i had to in order to re-center it again. Then, I noticed that several minutes later (when the monitor is "hot") the image moves up so if i re-centered it first, the top pixels are now too high and out of the monitor.

and such things happen each time i turn it on :(

So i decided to leave it and wait until the screen image is correctly centered (there aren't too much lost lines at the bottom, about 8-10 pixels).

My monitor is an 19" AOC 9Glr. (not flat screen, not TFT)

Do you think I should return my monitor to the shop ? :confused:

My friend had this same problem, and I'm sorry to tell you that the only way that he fixed it was to buy a new monitor. But if it is a new one, then I would say talk to the company or store you bought it from.

I used to have the same monitor actually. Great color on it, but a bit distorted. Excellent value though.

My 19" eventually bit the dust - Not before I sold it though, Hehe! The picture turned all white.

You may be able to take advantage of the 3 year warranty that comes with it. AOC does a pretty job of honoring the warranty from wha I"ve heard.. But with the current prices of monitors, right now might be a good time to get one of those shiny flat screens you've had your eyes on or an even bigger monitor... If money permits of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back