My monitor screen stays black when I turn my computer on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey i'm new here and i've had A computer for like 2 years and it used to work but once I left it alone for a month I went to turn it on and it didnt work.... the monitor just stayed black....i checked every cord and there all in and I think it has something to do with the motherboard(i barely know anything about computers at all).. the mother board is a KM4M-V/KM4AM-V/KM3M-V series micro ATX mainboard and thats all I could think of putting in but I have every bit of info on it so if u need more info on the machine I can tell u it. Any suggestions PLEASE HELP! Just remember I dont know a lot but I do know more than an average chuck

is it onboard video? or do u have a video card, perhaps try pulling everything out of the system and cleaning it, it might be dirty inside since u havent used it in awhile

My monitor screen stays black when I turn my computer on HELP PLEASE!

Yeah i got a video card..... i'll try cleaning it.....i forgot to say that I have used 3 monitors on the same computer and all of them are the same. What should i use to clean it though.

jsut get all the dust out DO NOT use a vaccum cleaner, just blow it out with ur own mouth if u dont have something like canned air around, make sure that the video card is pushed all they way into its slot as well

the video card is the card that ur monitor plugs into...

if ur monitor doesnt work, how would u know if it recognizes ur keyboard and/or mouse or not?

My monitor screen stays black when I turn my computer on HELP PLEASE!

I cleaned it and it was no help....I know it didnt read the keyboard cause I pressed the num lock and cap lock button and the light didnt show up..and I know that my keyboard works..... the motherboard is messed up some how

When you turn your computer on does anything wirr to life at all?

If not then I think your Power Supply mau have died, try using a different Power Supply from a friend or another pc you may have.

SCHUMIinSA said:
When you turn your computer on does anything wirr to life at all?

If not then I think your Power Supply mau have died, try using a different Power Supply from a friend or another pc you may have.

is that a technical term? 'wirr'? lol i think he is asking if anything makes noise at all in ur system when u turn it on, if not, try like he said,a new power supoly

As far as I know there is a word like wirr in the dictionary, maybe with a different spelling, but anyways. My english aint the best so I guess I may just have made up the word.

I do however mean just like TOAD suggested any sounds or signs of life coming from your pc. Like you hard drive wirring/spinning to life and other lights flashing. That's what I meant.

got it

ok so i was having the same problem and i did everything you all mentioned BUT then i figured it out if you happen to have a video card which i see you do.
you may just have been as dumb as me and plugged your screen into the "normal" spot there is a completely different space to plug it in lower yup its still blue try that out hope its fixed

kayla said:
ok so i was having the same problem and i did everything you all mentioned BUT then i figured it out if you happen to have a video card which i see you do.
you may just have been as dumb as me and plugged your screen into the "normal" spot there is a completely different space to plug it in lower yup its still blue try that out hope its fixed

First of all, I sure hope problemman1225 come back and update us all.

Secondly, every PC has a video card, some are built in/integrated with the motherboard and people still call it video "card". But I know what you are trying to say...if the PC has a built in video card and another video card installed then maybe he's plugging in at the wrong video card.

Anyways, I don't think thats the problem because he said he didn't use the PC for awhile and when he came back its just won't start.

The question is the PC even started at all hasn't been answered so we don't know the real problem.

wow i have this same problem any updates please?., is the psu can be the problem even if the computer turn on? mine also turn on but all black screen and no keyboard mouse working., how can i know if psu is broken?

i am having the same problem. i have an onboard video card and my audio doesn't work nor does my keyboard or mouse. i downgrade from vista back to xp pro and everything worked fine except for the audio so i shut it down an put a different video card in and the monitor won't turn on now. i got all the drivers for xp but i don't know how to get them on my hard drive now. any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back