My monitor wont turn on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok this computer has been horrible ever since i got it. Recently I turned my pc on and the monitor but the monitor stays black and the button flashes repeatedly. If i dont turn the pc on but just the monitor the 'no signal' comes up but if the pc is on it doesnt. It usually takes about a half hour for it to actually come on (the monitor, the pc is on because if you press direction arrows and enter when the monitor actually comes on windows will be open). But today its been sitting for about an hour and still nothing. I plug my other monitor, which looks like a tv compared to my other, and it works perfectly fine. I shut the pc off and turned it back on with my other monitor plugged in and it works fine. So would my monitor be dead or is something wrong with the cord or what?

what kind of monitor (crt, lcd) is it, what brand, what type of video connection do you use, do you have integrated/standalone video?

also, what happens if you turn the monitor on first, wait for the "no signal" box to show up, and then turn on the pc?

The monitor is a Proview have no clue what type. And the type of connection and other thing ...no clue. If I turn the monitor on so it says no signal then turn the pc on the monitor turns black and the button starts blinking. Also I'm incapable of turning off the monitor when the pc is on (sounds kinda weird I know) but if I unplug the monitor from the pc I can turn it off.

well, if its a proview, i can help then because i have one also. doesnt come with good documentation though lol.

for the connector type, does it look like this?
lilvga.jpg

or this?
dvi_connector600.jpg

and for type of monitor, is the back flat (lcd) or is it a huge bulky monitor with the big back (crt) crt is like an old tv screen, lcd is like a gameboy screen.

and any idea on what kind of video you have? standalone or integrated? if integrated, what kind of mobo do you have. if standalone, what kind of card do you have?

It looks like the first one and the monitor is flat, the one I'm currently using now is big like a tv type thing. Idk about the video where could I find it? And would I be able to fix it or would I end up having to go out and buy a new monitor? My buddy at work fixes computers, he put a new motherboard in mine since it died and he told me he fixed it this time because I thought i had a virus (he restored it from scratch i believe) I just tell him I'm amish with computers lol.

I did some online looking and when that blinking hibernation mode shows continually; there can be damage to the circuit. Capacitors on the power board. I hope it's something simpler. Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back