512 MB PC3200 RAM
Radeon 9700 Pro 128mb RAM
18.4gig 10,000rpm Hard Drive
1.73ghz AthlonXP 2100+
Enermax 350w Power Supply
Blue Cathode Light
Blue/Red 80mm Fan
2x80mm Black Fans
1x120mm fan (pointed towards motherboard and video card)
40x12x48x CD Burner

How much did it cost? About $850 + tax. Who's got skillz?
I got skillz! LOL. :)

For a cam pic of the system go to www.geocities.com/acidosmosis/

Comments welcome.

sounds nice. I'm more of an Antec PS kinda guy. What did you do for a CPU HSF? You must have a SCSI controller from your old system to reuse? I have RAID, almost as fast and cheaper. I wouldn't have room on a 18 GB drive! I think I have 18 GB just in games. LOL.

Oh, found your other thread. Should be a good HSF. I have a MCX462-U laying around for when I give this MB to my daughter. Got a good enough deal on it to buy it over an AX-7.

Originally posted by acidosmosis
How much did it cost? About $850 + tax. Who's got skillz?
I got skillz! LOL. :)

I thought I reccomended newegg :confused:

Anyway, nice system and have fun w/ it!

Your new system sounds great, the case looks great too.

Well the one problem is the small harddisk....A bigger HDD and a good HSF id you don't have oneshould be in your next shopping list :)

your replies

Hehe. Guys I dont need a huge hard drive. I burn most of my stuff on cd's. I am going to use the 18 gig 10,000rpm as the main hard drive and if I wanna expand later on I'll go buy another 10,000 rpm. After all the Antec case holds 4 hard drives :). For now 18.4 gigs is enough. I have a ton of games just like one of you said but I don't store them ALL on my hard drive lol. Most are on cd's and I have usually no more than 5 games installed at once. Right now Half Life w/ DOD, Max Payne, Quake 3 Arena/Team Arena, Battlefield 1942.. and when Star Wars Galaxies comes out that will be on my system too :). I bought this system mostly so I could play Doom 3 hehehehe, although I'll use it for other things such graphics editing, possibly some video editing, sound editing (I'm a musician also), etc.

I didnt' get everything off newegg.com though. I got the case, fans, and light off newegg. The rest came from miscealleanous other sites that I found that were a little cheaper on some things. (mostly $10-15 cheaper) lol.

Thanks for the newegg.com recommendations though. They gave great customer service, and actually answered the phone unlike some places..... *COUGH*MAINCOMP.COM*COUGH*.... I'll never buy from THAT place again! lol.. no one even speaks english, they dont respond to emails.. well only 1 out of FIVE.. and cant spell or capitalize sentences! DONT BUY FROM MAINCOMP....lol

Oh yea.. guys... if you buy from a website.. go to www.resellerratings.. type in the website address and you'll find reviews.. nice info..

Check out www.frozencpu.com also

I like Google Gear alot, and reccomned it...fast shipping (free/$.50 2nd day air!), and great prices. I got 256MB DDR333 for $65(includes 2nd day air:D).

I've only ever had great service from Googlegear - I'm very surprised by our Be Careful thread about them.

LNCPapa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back