My other computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
my computer stuffs up when i try and install windows xp on it a message comes on when im halfway through installing it says.

a problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent any damage.

IRQ_NOT_LESS_NOR_EQUAL

then all this other stuff below........... what thre hell does this mean?? anyone able to help me??

well first off, the message is because either your hard drive has gone bad. which could be the case. or it's your processor. if you processor isn't sending out the right instructions, you will have error messages. try replacing the processor. cause that's probably the problem. hope that helps

"from a person's perspective"

Did you format the drive first? Ive never had any luck installing XP or 2000 unless its on a clean drive. The IRQ error usually means a bad driver.

Copyrite said:
my computer stuffs up when i try and install windows xp on it a message comes on when im halfway through installing it says.

a problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent any damage.

IRQ_NOT_LESS_NOR_EQUAL

then all this other stuff below........... what thre hell does this mean?? anyone able to help me??

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Take a look at the following link it explains what the stop messages mean.

http://www.aumha.org/win5/kbestop.htm

Regards Howard
:wave: :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back