My PC randomly reboots or crashes Madden

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, hi, new here.
Anyway, I use my computer for mostly madden and schoolwork. Whenever I do either one, my computer randomly reboots, no warning. It doesn't freeze beforehand or anything. However, it seems to happen slightly more with madden (its madden 06, but I don't think that would make a difference). Half of the time, the computer says "the system has recovered from a serious error" .
I'd like some help here.

Now for problem 2, whenever I play madden 06, makes no difference if I play online of offline, sometimes the game will freeze for 2 or 3 seconds, the screen will promptly go black for less than 1 second, then madden will mysteriously closed, no illegal operation, no error report. Just my desktop will suddenly appear.

Now for my comp specs:
WinXP Pro
Intel P4 2.4ghz
480 ram (a previous SiS chipset has 32 ram, I believe)
ATI Radeon 9250 PCI- 256 mb
Realtek AC97 (sound, I dunno if it's a chipset or a card.)

If more info is needed, I have attached a dxdiag report.
I appreciate the help.
Bearfan092

Check inside the box

the fist thing to do is open up the case. now check all the capasitors, if any are swollen or leaking then you need to replace the board. If no capasitors are damaged then remove the CPU haetsink and clean off the old compound on both surfaces and then apply a thin smear of new compound. reseat the heatsink and secure. remove all addin cards including the RAM. now blow out all the slots and clean the contacts on all cards. reseat all the cards in the correct slots making sure that they are seated in firmly and correctly. now bootup your system. once your system has rebooted go to the properties of "My Computer" and select the advanced tab (at the top of the properties window). select the first "settings" button and then select the advanced tab again (the one in the new window). then click on the change button. now type in the value of "960" in both the min and max fields (this is twice the size of you physical memory). click ok on all the windows, even the pop up windows that will appear. then reboot your system. once your system has rebooted, update the drivers for your ATI video card to the latest ATI catalyst drivers. this should go a long way in fixing your problems.when all this is done then try your programs again. Hope this helps. Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back