My pc wont boot past black screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was trying to put in a sata hard drive i bought recently my mobo would not detect it so i put my old on back in and it would not detect it either so i changed the boot order and now it wont boot at all its a black screen everything comes on but thats it ive tryed 2 power supplys ive tryed resetting cmos and taking the battery out and using 2 diffrent batterys i dont know what to do at all i dont think anything is fried or damaged

post your system spec's and how old is the mobo and does it have the latest bios? most boards that suppot Sata and IDe have three settings int he bios. 1. sata enabled PATA disabled 2. Pata enabled Sata disabled. 3. sata and pata enabled, sometimes referred to as "enhanced".

i have 1.3gigs of ddr ram a amd 64 3200proc my mobo is a year old yea it supports both types of hdd and i enabled sata function

does your mobo have onboard video or a video card? it is not uncommon for a video card to be knocked loose when moving hard drives around. if you have a video card try reseating it. one other thing about the sata drive, most non intel boards require sata drivers to be installed during the boot process before they will recognize a sata hard drive.

resetting the cmos should have put the bios settings back to defualt. when you remove the cmos battery you should leave it out for about 15 min before replacing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back