My processor is too slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

coastymad

My processor is a 1.8Ghz AMD Athlon but it is only working at 1.2Ghz does anybody out there know why. :bounce:

More then likely because your FSB has been reset to 100mhz. It would be very nice & helpfull if you could take the time to fill in your system specs in your system profile. It'll only make people answer faster to your queries.

i think its cuz you have an AMD 1800+, 1800 is just a number that amd uses to compete with intel because their processors do not reach the same frequency speeds as the intel's (even though they perform on par with lower frequency speeds) but the actual frequency speed of your processor is 1.2Ghz and not the 1800Ghz that you thought it was becuase like i said 1800 is just a number amd puts on their processors. So your computer is giving you the right information.

BringinHeat said:
i think its cuz you have an AMD 1800+, 1800 is just a number that amd uses to compete with intel because their processors do not reach the same frequency speeds as the intel's (even though they perform on par with lower frequency speeds) but the actual frequency speed of your processor is 1.2Ghz and not the 1800Ghz that you thought it was becuase like i said 1800 is just a number amd puts on their processors. So your computer is giving you the right information.

The Xp numerical reference amd uses is a comparison to the mhz classification to which intel uses. For example an intel pentium 4 clocked at 2.40 ghz. - Amd compares the athlon XP 2400 with this chip in terms of performance and cpu static benchmarks. Its not just a random number placed there by Amd's marketing department.

Ea$y the first line of my paragraph says that they dont have the same frequency speed as intel's but they perform on par with them with slower frequency speeds. Meaning that they put 1800 to compete with intel's processors that actually run at 1800Mhz. So that explaination was unnecessary. Even amd based computers with the same speed comparision model numbers have not had the same performance. For example when amd swtiched from the athlon xps to the athlon 64 with the same model numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back