my Search Bar!

Status
Not open for further replies.

grimesy69

i have a really anoyining search bar in IE, and i cant get rid of it, i have tried regestry editing and all sorts, although i still might not know what iam looking for. does anyone know how to fix my problem?
grimesy, the homepage for this toolbar is http://mysearchnow.com

Edit: Converted verbose log to text attachment, before the masses start getting ideas - Spike :p

It sounds like you could have a form of virus. these toolbars can be difficult to get rid of at times.

Try your "Add/Remove programs", they are usually listed there.

I noticed you had AVG, make sure this is upto date (version 7) and run a scan. You could also try an adware scanner such as "spybot search and destroy"

Another option would be to stop using IE and change to Firefox. They have new built out ver 1.0.2. it includes popup blockers, download manager, password manager, tabbed browsing.

I have never had any problems with it and have been running FF for about a year.

Go HERE and follow the instructions carefully. Print them out if you can.

Once you have done that go HERE for instructions on how to post your Hijackthis log.

Regards Howard :grinthumb

search bar

thanks guys for your help, there is a lot to get my head around in these instructions so may take me a few days, il post here with my progress.

--grimesy--

still appearing

I have tried all the instructions above and I still have a tool bar in I.E, I have attatched me hijackthis log file to this post, I have looked at it myself and I dont see anything outstanding. p.s sometimes I get popus in the title window it says some kind of name like ad-revenue, but iam not sure. I have attached a screendump of the toolbar I have got.

thank you grimesy :wave:

Attachments

• toolbar screendump.JPG
    toolbar screendump.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 5
you have quite a lot of spyware by the looks of it..

i would try ad-aware SE, spybot & xoftspySE

a few things i would definnitely kill in your hijack list are >

Sptisrv.exe < sony's anti-piracy spyware trojan which can be misused and allow people complete control of your pc.. sony were taken to court over it and lost, it was deemed an invasion of privacy and undermining the security of users personal property (computer), microsoft released a removal tool for it not long back as they even said it compromises the security of the computer it's installed on. i can't find the link right now, but google should find it.

netserver should only be run if you actually use it, and disabled when not using it.. it can be a security hole if not protected securely..

https://www.gamespyid.com/alaunch.cab
O16 - DPF: {814EA0DA-E0D9-4AA4-833C-A1A6D38E79E9} (DASWebDownload Class) - should be killed as it's spyware!!

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://www.sihzhldbgejp.info/aaf2t1...aUyYE4zutF.html < not sure, but it looks dodgy.. won't harm anythin by killing it.. (unless you know what it is and use that site..

lmao.

hi howard & thanks for the welcome..

just noticed actually when i posted.. i was too busy reading the post as i found it via google as i had a similar issue and was just browsing..

i really should check the date 1st.. but well never mind now, it's too late.. i'll goto spec savers in the morning and change me glasses.. :blush:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back