My Sig

SNGX1275

Whats the deal with my sig having all that blank space? I've gone in user cp and tried deleting that white space, and its not fixing the problem.

I also notice that your topic post here has more space than your reply, yet less than the one I pointed out that you linked to

I wouldn't call this an issue, actually if you take a closer look that space is in every other post. vBulletin makes heavy use of tables for formatting, now to put it short (and if you have a basic idea of how tables work in web pages), that blank space can be attributes to the left column vertical size (where you username, title, location, etc. is) and also to the "Report this post" line at the bottom of every post you make.

Are you sure? Seems to me I would have noticed this earlier (considering I just noticed it today without any hints from anyone and I'm hungover).
I just don't remember seeing this quantity of space after the sig before the little white line.

Actually I just checked another vbuillitin forum and all is well there. Take a look http://icronticforums.com/showthread.php?t=4092

I think this is a recent occurance. Rather than something that is supposed to happen.

You had a longer signature earlier, so you didn't notice that when you were making short (less than three lines) posts. Now the leftmost column (name, avatar, place) is taller and that's why it looks like that.

Still looks very strange now that you've got aprox 5-6 lines of whitespace under your sig...

Must be some table formatting problem wihen you only post a line or two...

It's not a new problem though, as I've seen it before with myself earlier, but didn't think too much of it...

A few things of note...

From the source of this page, the section of code to SNGX's post above this:

<p>
<p>
<font face="verdana, arial, helvetica" size="2">__________________
<br> <font size="1">It is better to have and not need, than it is to need and not have.
<br />
</font></font>
</p>
</p>

<p></p>

<p align="right">
<font face="verdana,arial,helvetica" size="1" >
<a href="report.php?s=&postid=91654"> Report this post </a>
| IP: <a href="postings.php?s=&action=getip&postid=91654">Logged</a>
</font>
</p>
</td>
I give up on the formatting. Code now almost modified/formatted for readibility.

A few things that I see here:

1. There is a nested paragraph tag. Technically a nono. I don't think that really affects rendering, but it probably should be removed to be safe.

2. There's a blank paragraph there for hardly any reason.

3. Since we have inline css, why not create a paragraph class that will align to the bottom of the table, and use that for the Sig/Report/etc?

Just an idear, may not be worth your time.

Back