My Sims are un-detailed and black ewww help me!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just got windows XP, and the sims was running perfectly fine. a few weeks later, i install livin large. everything is going fine for a few days. i go to play it today and everything is running like its supposed to. my sims can eat, play, sleep, etc. basically nothing wrong...except for the fact that my sims are displaying skins that are entirely black and undetailed! could someone PLEASE help me? my graphics card should be up to date and all that technical jargon, this is a brand spankin' new computer! i couldnt find any help on sims help sites...help me please? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Have you downloaded any skins? Or is this a fresh installation of the Sims?

I've heard a problem where user-installed skins would be displayed as black.

Originally posted by MistressMousie my graphics card should be up to date and all that technical jargon, this is a brand spankin' new computer!
That could be the problem - hardware can also be too new, so that (relatively) old games won't run properly. If you can, try disabling DirectDraw and AGP Texture Acceleration with dxdiag (enable them after you've played ;)).
i couldnt find any help on sims help sites...help me please?
I could: TSR Forums - Sims are BLACK only

now that i think about it, i did mess around with files in the lights folder. silly me :eek: thanks for the link, mictlantecuhtli!!! i dont kno wut happened to my original files, but i downloaded the light files and put them there. no more blacky skins YAY! i'll be more careful when i mess with stuff in gamedata from now on...thanks again :blush: this is a nice forum. smart people reply so fast here, unlike that stupid game talk forum; no ones replied there yet. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back