My sound doesnt work tried many things still nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lefty!

ok i just reformated my hard drive, i did not back up any files. everything seems to work ok except my sound. When I go to add hardware like the troubleshooter says it say Multimedia Audio Controller with a little question mark next to it. it says no were what kind of audio card i have. then when it tells me to check and make sure my volume is not muted i click Allprograms>Assesories>Enterrainment>VolumeControl, it says i have no mixer devices installed. i have tried install ing a lot of stuff nothing seems to be working. it is a built-card on a Shuttle XpC. IF you have any idea please give it to me this is really annoying.

Thnx,
Lefty!

Hi and welcome to techspot!

What model is it? Is it Amd or Pentium? What Chipset does it have? If you know the motherboard/chipset i could tell you what branded integrated sound it has, maybe ac97? Does that ring a bell? You said it was integrated right? Not a soundcard on one of you pci slots?

Sounds like you haven't installed your motherboard chipset drivers (as Sean mentions above).

We need to know your motherboard make/model. Is your system a brand name like a dell or somethting? If so, we need your Dell model number.

If it is not a brand name and you don't know what kind of motherboard you have, you'll need to download and install some probing software like this:

https://www.techspot.com/downloads/27-cpu-z.html

Tell us what it says for your "mainboard".

make: Shuttle inc.
model: FS56
BIOS, Brand: Pheonix Technologies Inc.
Version: 6.00 PG
Chip Set: 661FX SiS

OMG!! its happening again!

my audio has gone once again. i have a shuttle pc with an AC' 97 audio thing. i think i have no multimedia device and have no i dea were to get the drivers... i have had this problem b4 but nothing is working this time i would appreciate any suggestions.

HOORAY!!! for me i figured it out! the problem was i have to go into the initial setup by pressing delete during the boot up then going to the firstselection and there was thisd thing and it turned out to be disabled! because of something! but i figured it out!
Athlete 18 you should try the same

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back