My sound just randomly Cuts out!!! PLEASE HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok this is whats up

I'll be just on the computer for a while, either listening to music or playing a game, and then at random times (its not a set amount of time each time im on the computer, it seems random) my sound just cuts out

its really annoying

and it wont go back on until i reset the computer

now, Im using an asus motherboard with a built in sound card

I've been having this problem for well over a year, and I cant find out how to fix it anywhere

it all started I think the first time i rebooted my computer back to square one, but I cant really remember

anyways, it usually happens a lot more often when im playing a game

and the game will continue to play as usual without sound

however, for instance on games like dawn of war

when im finished with a skirmish, all of a sudden the game freezes, and It ONLY happens when the sound is cut out

so I usually save right before I win (when im on Dark crusade [dawn of war expansion pack] where you can go on persistent campaigns)

anyways, please ask questions if you need more information

I'd really like some help on this

ALSO!!!

I have some other issues with my sound, for instance, the green jack that you plug in your speakers to or headphones, well i have surround sound, and all but my main speaker works (thats the speaker with the volume control and power button on it)

im using a Logitech x530

and I also use bose headphones, and well, i was having some trouble with my front headphone jack, so i plugged it into the back one day, and i noticed the left headphone would work, but not the other

so i think its the jack that isnt working properly, which would explain why that speaker wouldnt work (because the left and right speaker are using the same jack, the green one)

anyways

THANKS FOR THE HELP IN ADVANCE!!!

Built in sound usually has that kind of problem, but I've never had an Asus board fail me.

Your best bet is to reinstall the sound card drivers. All I can help you with

If you reformatted Windows, then you should reinstall the drivers for everythng, even your motherboard.

Usually the problem is in the speakers, rather than the drivers or the sound card... but if driven too loud, too long, it can be any of the three.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back