My system locks up when I get out of a game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello friends,

I just built me a new computer for gaming. It's a 3.2 MHz (Intel) processor on an Asus motherboard / 512mb of ram / Geforce 6800 OC. I love to play Call of Duty UO / Half Life 2 & Doom 3. However, every single time I try "applying" the graphic settings OR I try exiting from a game the system locks up. Not to the point where I have to reboot. A simple ctrl-alt-delete takes care of it but it’s a major pain, especially since I can’t max out this new video card on my game settings….and I've upgrade to the latest version of Direct 9.0x. Has anybody had this issue before? Could it be the video card??? If anyone has any idea what the challenge could be, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you,

Max T.

Are you using the latest drivers or reinstalling your drivers. Ive had that problem before and it was always driver related.

Vegasgmc, thank you for the reply. I went to Abit's (motherboard) website and upgrade to the latest drivers but still no luck. The drivers for the video card were updated from the get go. I'm not sure what is going on but hope to figure it out soon.
Thanks again!
MT

Id try an older driver. Sometimes the new ones can be buggy. The driver on the cards installation cd is probably older than the latest nVidia driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back