My tv tuner card is going to make me insane!

Status
Not open for further replies.

swker98

I got a Hauppauge wintv Raido http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16815116606
i put it in my rig doenst work. fine. i rma it all is well

now i got it back put it in my rig all three slots not decteted by windows AT ALL

i figure ill test it in my borthers computer old p4 wilimentee
put the card and windows immdeitly pups up that theres new hardware

i dont know, i asked tech support if there ant nforce4 conflits and he said no,im so so so so so mad , i waited 2 months for this card and im so mad :hotbounce :hotouch:

my rig
Vnf4 ultra with nforce 4 ultra
a64 3000+
x800gt
2gb of ocz plaunum

i just dont know :mad: :dead:

thanks guys for the help

how much likelyhood is there for 3 busted pci slots
i think theres a conflict but i dont know
im so googled out, i get no where when i google the problem :dead:

It could simply be your version (or Service Pack level) of Windows doesn't recognize the card. That or BIOS settings.

See if you have an option in the BIOS for "Plug-n-Play OS" and set this to "NO" for a test. This will force the POST stage to allocate an IRQ and configure the card into I/O space prior to Windows. This should, at the very least, show the card in the Device Manager with a yellow (!).. if not add it with generic drivers.

You should also ensure you have the latest BIOS flashed for your mainboard. Newer BIOS's will detect more hardware.

Good luck!

well the cards working, i put it in my bros computer with an even older board, its got a willimete and a 2001 bios date so im gussing its not my bios

umm i tired a netgear fav311 in all 3 slots, and it doesnot dect on startup nor in the drvice manager

do i have 3 pci slots dead or the pci bus dead

i tested 2 cards none work in all 3 slots

i did put drivers in like i tird 5 for my tv tuner and it can find it

i guss i may have to send the board back.......
can flashing my bios to the latest virsion fix this, if not its back to chentech with it and i have to dissable my whole coputer.........

thanks sharkfood for the help :grinthumb

i emailed chaintehc no responce and ill call them in CA whitch im in NY, whtich will cost me, and i hope its sometihing ovibius (bad spelling) like a setting whitch i alredy checked..........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back