My Windows key not doing what it should

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milne

hi,

i am new to this forum and i am not the best person with computers. My problem is that when i am in a game and i press the start key it does not minimize the game like it is supposed to, instead you can still see the game, and the start bar just appears along the bottom of the game. Can anyone please help me sort out this problem but don't be too technical because i won't probally be able to understand.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Normally you would press the windows key + D to minimise every thing.

Pressing the keys again, should take you back to where you were.

Look HERE for more info.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

well that is not entirly what it supposed to do.. there are games out there that will not let you alt>tab out of it or even hit the windows key. i have not a clue why though.. why are you wanting to do that anyway while in the middle of playing a graphic intensive game???

howard_hopkinso said:
Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Normally you would press the windows key + D to minimise every thing.

Pressing the keys again, should take you back to where you were.

Look HERE for more info.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

thx for the shortcut keys, they are really helpful for doing stuff really quickly on my computer

OpTiMuSpRiMe said:
well that is not entirly what it supposed to do.. there are games out there that will not let you alt>tab out of it or even hit the windows key. i have not a clue why though.. why are you wanting to do that anyway while in the middle of playing a graphic intensive game???

The reason for me needing to minimize the game, is that my screen sometimes goes completely black and comes up with no video input in a middle of a game, because i think my graphics card is not so good. Its only a 64mb one. But before, my start key used to get me off the black screen onto a desktop screen, but because its not minimizing games now, i was completely stuck on that black screen and had to turn of my computer. But i am getting a new graphics card soon so it shouldnt matter anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back