My winxp has blue screen stop error then reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blue screen stop error happens randomly. When it happen the windows will reboot, then the home page will changed to a website which I never see before. I am using an NEC noteboot Versa E6000. I have uploaded the minidump. Please help me analysize it.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your minidumps are crashing with various .sys files, such as bvlgs.sys/e2emf47.sys/dj9mx7.sys etc. I can`t find any info for these files.

Your minidumps also reference rasphone.exe, as the process that was running when the crashes occured. This is the Remote Access Phonebook.
Product Name: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System.

Your minidumps crash with a bugcheck of D1.

0x000000D1: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

The system attempted to access pageable memory using a kernel process IRQL that was too high. The most typical cause is a bad device driver (one that uses improper addresses). It can also be caused by caused by faulty or mismatched RAM, or a damaged pagefile.

Just in case you`ve got a damaged page file do the following.

Right click my computer, and select properties, and then the advanced tab.

Under performance, click settings. Click on the advanced tab, and then on the change button.

Click on the custom size button, and click in the initial size box and make the size of the page file 0. Click in the maximum size box, and make the size of the page file 0.

Click set.

Now reboot your machine. After your system has restarted run a defrag.

Once the defrag has finished, go back to the pagefile settings above, and click on the change button. For the initial, and maximum pagefile size make it 1.5 times the ammount of ram your have. I.E if you have 512mb of ram set the page file to 768mb.

Click on the set button again, and reboot your system. You now have a brand new page file.

Also go HERE and follow the instructions.

Scan your system for viruses etc.

If that doesn`t help it may be that you need to run a windows repair as per this thread HERE

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

I have reinstalled winxp yesterday. The blue screen stop error is no more now.
I have also taken your advice to defragment my harddisk. Thanks for the advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back