My Zone Alarm Firewall has 16,803 Blocked Intrustions

Status
Not open for further replies.

maniac_lonestar

I get an intrusion every second when my Zone Alarm's Firewall is activated, I ran all the step in the Preliminary Removal Instructions too, but I still get intrusions.

I uploaded a picture example of the log messages I get, and the count so far.
As you can see, the number has even changed since posting the previous number.

I often get logs that say Access to my UDP Port 49152 from (Many IP Addresses) (with Many different UDP Port Numbers)

Your Zone Alarm firewall uses cheap tricks to impress you by calling normal firewall events "intrusions"

I think 49152 is used by some bittorrent software. Are you running BT and haven't configured your firewall for it?

Well port 49152 is the port I used for my Azureus Bittorent, but even after not RUNNING Azureus and changing it to a different number like 49153, I still get intrusions to 49152.

You see I used Azrureus alot in my old Laptop, but now it doesn't work so I am using a different computer, so do you think these "attackers" have permanent knowledge of my IP or something?

Cause even after going into my firewall website, and deleting the opened port 49152, I still get these attacks.

Yes, your former BT peers may have recorded your IP and may still be trying to connect. Also, if it is a default port for Azureus, someone may just be guessing.

Just in case, run a network monitor like netstat ot tcpview to make sure that no program is listening on that port. Ater that, forget about these port 49252 "intrusions". They are normal internet background noise and even without any firewall installed, nothing bad would happen.

so you know what the port is used for and that your firewall is blocking --
now you can ignore the message by clicking the box :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back