MyDoom variant targets Microsoft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julio Franco

Staff member
A new version of the mass-mailing MyDoom virus has hit the Net, aiming data attacks at Microsoft's Web site and interfering with an infected PC's ability to access downloadable security-software updates, antivirus companies said Wednesday.

Read more: CNet News.

I got today over 760 emails containing this virus, for christ sakes this is not normal, how many people there haven't got antivirus software?!?!
more than 760!!!!

Fortunately, I haven't seen it yet....either here at home or at work. Corp network team is together on this one. I'm sure it'll be beating at the door though.

I've recived about 20 in my one email, and about 30 in my other..I hate these losers that make these things....Slowing down my internet, making companies lose money..I hope the guy that did this gets shot.....

Heh. People will only learn the hard way. One should thank the virus writes for showing the stupidity of people. And with every successful vius wave we have some more mail servers with integrated AV scanners, more people with antivirus software and firewalls. And maybe, just maybe one person will learn not to open every bloody attachment she receives.

Not too long ago the e-mail software that was integrated into the affected operating system opened the attachments automatically. I guess it was just too difficult for poor users to learn how to click a button like "attachments".

Originally posted by Mictlantecuhtli
Not too long ago the e-mail software that was integrated into the affected operating system opened the attachments automatically. I guess it was just too difficult for poor users to learn how to click a button like "attachments".

I agree. That "feature" could easily be defined as a bug nowadays because of the *****s out there coding agains them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back