MyDVD 6.1 Won't Capture Audigy 2 ZS Sound

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a P4 3gHz Dell with an SB Audigy 2 ZS sound card. I'm using MyDVD 6.1. The video transfer is fine. The problem is the audio. The audio plays fine when I start a VHS tape (the RCA outs are connected straight to the Audigy 2 ZS), coming through the speakers, even with MyDVD running but sitting idle.
But as soon as I hit Capture Video in a new project (with a VHS tape running), the audio quickly fades to silence, yet the video shows fine. (Sonic says it mutes to conserve resources). And, when I close the Capture dialog form, the audio returns. PLEASE NOTE that this doesn't happen with Movie Maker 2. I am able successfully capture video and audio w/MM2.

I have already gone into the Record Settings options to check the audio settings. I have only one sound card so that option is grayed out. And the second dropdown is properly set on the line in setting, just like with Movie Maker 2.

Sonic's tech support finally told me to use Movie Maker. They gave up. :knock:

My only problem with MM is that the video quality isn't as good. Sonic captures better (1MB per second of video). MM captures about ½ that. Is there any way to get MM to capture 1MB per second? Then I wouldn't care that MyDVD doesn't work.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Paulie D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back