NASA loses contact with Mars rover

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julio Franco

Staff member
NASA scientists say they have lost contact with the robot rover Spirit on Mars and are unsure what caused the problem.

Spirit project manager Pete Theisinger told a news briefing that there was a "very serious anomaly" in communications with the six-wheeled craft, which landed on Mars on January 3 on a planned three-month mission to explore the geologic history of the planet. Theisinger said on Thursday scientists had been unable to communicate with Spirit for about 24 hours and had so far been unable to explain the source of the problem.

Read more: Reuters.

ROFL..... aaaaaahhhh! hahaha, thats gotta suck! Thats like success gone down the drain in an instant :D

Man, that really bites. I bet a meteor hit it or something. Or maybe some wind storm knocked it on its side. That's too bad if it doesn't come back to life. Everything seemed like smooth sailing too..

That would be ironic if it hadn't landed yet but it was already on the ground. The thought had crossed my mind though lol.

Originally posted by MaskedBurrito
That would be ironic if it hadn't landed yet but it was already on the ground. The thought had crossed my mind though lol.

hahahaha... and m8, fix that damn signature, its LONG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back