Nasty Trogen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I first wanted to start out and say thank you all who put your time into helping others with their PCs. It's wonderful to find ppl who will help others with no strings attached, for this, I am truly grateful! again, thank you!

I got a bad Trojan after downloading a file from the net and clicking one file called "update.exe" it suddenly imbedded it self into my computer and I haven't been able to get rid of it since. I have AVG, Ad-Aware SE, SST, and HJT, I shut down my comp (I did this a few times) and booted up into "safe mood" and scanned with all the various programs I knew how to operate (AVG, Ad-Aware SE and SST.) they all found the Trojan and clamed to rid my PC of it but when I reboot into "normal" mode, it's still on my computer. This Trojan seems to sit in my computer in "C:\Program Files\Common Files\{45A37FEB-03A5-1033-0416-010129200001}" and in the file there are only two...things, one "Update.exe" and the other "system.dll" I might have more then one Trojan and I don't know what will help..I apologize as my computer knowledge is...very limited, so if anyone is willing to help please post with computer "baby lingo" haha, thanks again guys! I put a HJT log in the attachments if it will help you analyze what's going on in my poor PC. Thanks for everything and God bless.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of joetheguy only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

I tried what it said and It all seems A-OK, Thanks for everything! here is the HJT log and the AVG log. (just incase It's still in my PC..:(..)

Sorry, I don't know if the "Attachment" is here..I obviously don't know how to work it....:( though, I thought I did. hmmm let me try again

See HERE for instructions on how to attach a log file.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of joetheguy only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back