Need advice cooling several PC parts......

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfram

Hi everyone!

We`re in summer, and the PC temps are sky high...

I`m trying to cool down my my Powercolor X800GTO card, and my case temp.

THIS IS MY POWERCOLOR CARD

Can you help me to find a good cooler that fits the card?

Regarding the case temp, it`s currently 42º. Somewhat high.
I have 2 exhaust fans, 1 is below the PSU, and one in on top of the case.
Both exhaust hot air, but it seems it isn`t enough.
Any suggestions to cool my system down?

PD. Ambient temp here in Mexico is 103º F :hotbounce :hotouch:

103F...ouch!

your case temps are fine. 42C = 107F which is not much more than your ambient air temp. that's about as good as you're going to get where you live.

Thanks for the response!

Yeah, it`s VERY DAMN hot here in Cd. Juarez!

I guess the temps are "fine", but I would prefer to lower them a bit. I sounds a little impossible, because my room temp is currently 92º F!!

I`m a bit worried about my video card. I heard they run hotter than the CPU`s, so I`m trying to decide for this cooler:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835186129

I just wonder if this is better than the stock cooler, and it it will fit in my card....

wolfram said:
I guess the temps are "fine", but I would prefer to lower them a bit. I sounds a little impossible, because my room temp is currently 92º F!!

Wow thats hot not just for the PC but for you too!! I am surprised the PC is not running hotter than that! At work we have 4 IBM Think Centre's set in theft proof cases out in the warehouse. The temp out there is around 95 right now. I mounted fans in the cabinet itself to help cool the PC's. 1 side intake, the opposite side exhaust. So there is 2 fans per case. The PC's stay probably only 8 to 10 degrees cooler this way.

wolfram said:
I`m a bit worried about my video card. I heard they run hotter than the CPU
yes, they run alot hotter than the CPU, but they also have a much higher heat tolerance than CPUs do.

when a CPU hits 55c it's time to start worrying, when a GPU hits 55c it's time to celebrate ;)

about that arctic cooler, i couldn't tell you if it will fit or not, but you can't beat that price! (but newegg doesn't ship to mexico :()

Thanks for your responses!

Fortunately, I can recieve packages from Newegg.com in El Paso, TX!

Well, I`ll try to contact Arctic cooling and ask them directly.

Too bad my card doesn`t have a temp sensor built-in. Anyway, the card should be cooler using the aftermarket cooler, because stock coolers are crap.

I`ll see what happens...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back