Need advice on Browser

Status
Not open for further replies.

kat4spot

Hi all,

I have seen a few threads regarding Firefox as a better Browser tha IE, i dont use IE that much, i use Avant Browser for a few years now and i kinda like it, especilly the popup blockers and stuff. But i would like some input on Firefox. Maybe its time to change, what are the drawbacks, if any. Pros and cons so i can get a better picture.

Thanks for you help, great Forum,
Regards Kat

What can we say?
Nearly all of us here use Firefox, because it does not support ActiveX, the danger-ingredient of IE AND of Avant as well!
Avant is just a pretty 'dress' for IE, using all IE's properties AND dangers, with a few added bells and whistles.

Drawbacks for FF:
- some websites insist on IE, as do some banks for telebanking.
For those few occasions (and for Windows updates) you can still use IE.

- >>initial loading time for FF is slower than IE.<< does not apply, see my next post below

- can't think of anything else.

mozilla suite 1.7.12 works great and better than firefox

loading time? If you have to worry about that, you have an ancient computer.

I only wrote from what I remember from previous versions.
I just timed it, with both IE and FF having www.techspot.com/vb/ as their default home address:
IE 6/SP2: 9 seconds
FF 1.5.0.2: 2.5 seconds
This is on an AMD64/3000 Winchester with 1GB memory in Dual Channel in XP-Pro/SP2.

I just need to correct myself in the previous post...

yeah, but if you keep it in memory once it's loaded, it really doesn't matter after the first load.

Sounds good

Well guess its time for a test drive, from the look of things all i got to loose is active x.

Thanks everyone, Kat

Feels good

Just installed Firefox and its great and fast so looks like its a keeper, thanks guys.

Regards Kat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back