Need advice on new LCD monitor purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoupie080

Hello,

I'm going to purchase a new monitor since my 15'' crt is pretty out of date. I love to game a lot which is pretty much the only thing I use my computer for so I want to make sure the monitor I get will be good for Counter Strike Source. I hear that CRTS are naturally better for gaming but I doubt that since they're obsolete now-a-days...any advice???

Also, my video card is a Radeon X1900XT if that is a factor

Ok here's the specs on the monitor I want:

Display Type TFT Active Matrix
Viewable Screen Size 22 inches
Display Area 473 x 296 mm
Maximum Refresh Rate 60Hz
Input Video Signal DVI-D
VGA (15-Pin D-Sub)
Contrast Ratio 800:1
Response Time 5 ms
Maximum Resolution 1680 x 1050
Cabinet Color Silver
VESA Mounting Compliant VESA 100mm
Unit Dimensions (WxHxD) 20.2" x 16.0" x 7.8"
Unit Weight 5.4 kg
Power Consumption 44W

This monitor is currently on sale on tigerdirect so here's the link if you need more information:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2549197&Sku=A179-2210

Thanks in advance

Cheers!

That looks pretty good. I'm sure you won't be disappointed with that monitor. It's surely way better than your current CRT :)

Agreed. Where have you been wolfram, I haven't seen you post in awhile... maybe I'm just looking in the wrong section of the forums?

Thats no good man, 60hz refresh rate will be laggy mouse movement and will be horrible,

Thats not a gaming monitor @ all,

60hz refresh rate is excellent for LCD monitors. I always set mine @ 60hz, and it looks phenomenal (and I'm not using yet the DVI connection).
@ MetalX: I just came from Monterrey, Mexico. That's why I didn't post since December :)

I do like that 19'' gaming and it's a few bucks cheaper...do you guys really think the refresh rate would make that much of a difference? Right now my crt is set at 75 and I guess I wouldn't want to buy a monitor with a lower refresh rate if it would effect gaming......Let me know what you guys think i'm going to buy a monitor tomorrow so any suggestions i'm going to follow...keep in mind I dont want to spend over 300.00.....thanks in advance everyone

Refresh rate on LCD's is not that important. A LCD monitor can happily run @ 60 Hz. Refresh rate is really important with CRT monitors, because they use a completely different technology.

You should be fine with that 60 Hz monitor. It is not going to affect gaming at all.

Regards :wave:

wolfram said:
Refresh rate on LCD's is not that important. A LCD monitor can happily run @ 60 Hz. Refresh rate is really important with CRT monitors, because they're a completely different technology.

You should be fine with that 60 Hz monitor. It is not going to affect gaming at all.

Regards :wave:

Hey Wolfram, long time no see ;) .

Oh, and tweak boy, you don't know what you're talking about. My monitor is a Xerox and is only allowed and manufactured at 60Hz, and I never receive any delay, or lagg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back