Need advice on VGA & CPU air coolers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I have the ATI Radeon X800XT PE card but I want a new air cooler for it because the stock isn't exactly great. But I dont know which one I should get; I havent really kept myself updated on all the new coolers and the only ones that come to mind are the arctic coolers and the fatal1ty heatsink.

Also, is the Zalman CNPS9500 still a good CPU cooler 'cuz im thinking of buying a new CPU cooler aswell. Im not interested in overclocking, I just want my CPU and VGA to cool down as much as possible.

Thanks in advance.

welcome to techsopt.

the zalman 9500 is a fine cooler, and will surely provide more than adequate performance. it's also basically silent. the only thing you need to worry about is whether it will fit in your case or not. you'll need to check to make sure that the cooler will clear parts on your motherboard and the case as well.

zalman also makes a line of GPU coolers, which are equally impressive. you can get all the information you need from thier well-laid out website zalman.co.kr

keep in mind that your case also plays an important role in cooling, you need good airflow in your case or a new heatsink might not help much.

Cheers!

Hi, sorry for the late reply. Thanks for all your info.

I did think about buying the Arctic cooler for the x800 but was wondering whether there were any better ones I could get. In response to zephead, I have a pretty big tower, its the Xclio: http://www.xclio.com/htm/products-Case-Xclio.htm so it should accomodate the Zalman CNPS9500. I haven't modded the Xclio as its pretty cool as it is :D. It has a 12cm fan (air flows outwards) at the back of the tower, and another fan (flows inwards) on the side grill; the airflow is fairly good. So, would you all recommend I get the Arctic cooler for my GPU and the Zalman for my CPU?

Thanks again.

Gokou4 said:
So, would you all recommend I get the Arctic cooler for my GPU and the Zalman for my CPU?

Thanks again.

Probably yes, just make your that the AC Cooler fits your video card :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back