Need Advice/Recommendation for a Multifunction Printer

Status
Not open for further replies.

IBN

Hi there,

I am looking to buy a Multifunction Printer in the price range of about $200/£100 or more.

Any thing to look out for or Recommendations?

There is a great search engine called GOOGLE...

With that price range, what are you planning to print, copy, scan and fax? Are you running a million dollar (pound) business?

PC World magazine and computer shopper magazine (both have sites) frequently rate and test such printers.

@Tedster
Thanks for the site. I have managed to check it out. Thanx again.

@The person with the dog avatar
I was just asking whether you peeps had any pointers to look out for such as say "Avoid Espsons due to X reason. So you can the attitude. I gave you the rough price range. Its not intended for commercial use but I would like it to have good OCR. Anyway dont bother replying.

I am thinking of going for the HP7210 I have an old HP Printer and I like their build quality.

We repair a lot of printers. We have sent our people to trainin on Canon, HP, Lexmark, and Epson printers. We do not know of many multifunction printers in the $200 and under range that we would buy... certainly none of those three manufactures, nor Dell. The HP, Epson, and Lexmark are astonishingly prone to failures. We do not understand why they cannot get it right with the all0-in-ones when they can make a decent print only device.
We would recommend Brother (but not the ones under $150), Samsung, Fujitsu, Konica Minolta, and some of the Canons in the Pixma class, or the Canon ImageClass.
Any Epson or HP would have to be in the over $200 category... we would not buy any Dell or Lexmark regardless of price.
My recommendation would be to get a Canon Pixma 4300 and a separate thin Canon scanner that will fit in a drawer.

Thanks for replying.

I really like HP. For some reason I want to avoid any other manufacturer. You got any recommendations for HP and Epsons in the over $200 zone. It has to be an All-in-one. Any take on the HP7210?

Take a look at the Office jets online. They have reduced prices and free shipping.
See if any offer an extended warranty.
C7180, 7580. 7680. 7310, and perhaps the 6310. The 7580 is $270 after rebates and has free shipping. We have yet to see any failures of this bunch of printers. Avoid those with fax unless you really need it.

I'm really not trying to "cop an attitude", but....,

IBN said:
Thanks for replying.

I really like HP. For some reason I want to avoid any other manufacturer. You got any recommendations for HP and Epsons in the over $200 zone. It has to be an All-in-one. Any take on the HP7210?

If you had a price range, and a manufacturer in mind both of which you suggest are inflexible, it does raise the question; "why did you bother to ask"?

I ended up buying the HP6310, thanks for the input peeps. I like it except for the loud scanner noise.

Please let us know how it goes. We only see the failures in the all in ones, because people do not bring working ones to our repair shops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back