Need awesome cooler for new Core Duo 2 rig - Please advise!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyleronline

Hi there guys I'm looking for a CPU cooler for a new rig I'm building I want to get the Intel E6400 (Socket 775) CPU so I am looking for something really good to cool it as I have no other case fans.

The reason for this is I need as quiet a P.C as possible because I do studio recordings in the same room as my P.C. therefore I need a cooler that is as pretty quiet so as not to be picked up by my microphones!

I have been looking at the new Zalman Fatality cooler and also this onehttp://www.titan-cd.com/eng/heatpipe/l-type.htm from Titan. Wouold these deliver good temperatures whilst being really quiet? I already have a Zalman and its a bit noisy. Is there anything else out there that would deliver? I have aslo considere water cooling but it looks to be complicated and expensive. Anyways thanks for your time!

Will

That brick looks like it would rip your CPU from it's socket perhaps taking the motherboard with it. You have to remember that all the weight it being held by your motherboard. Then again, all the LGA heatsinks on NewEgg are bricks so I may be wrong.

I also have not had any sucess stories with universal heatsinks, you can take your chances but I would never buy one again.

I guess I wasnt of any real help to you, sorry. Just wanted to comment.

Water cooling is easier than you think... and surprisingly effective!

Do some more research on it and then get back to us.

Sjbrand99 said:
Water cooling is easier than you think... and surprisingly effective!

Do some more research on it and then get back to us.

I reckon I could install it. it's just that it seems alot more expensive?
Thanks

I've seen that cooler you mentioned, but never read reviews.... The Scythe Ninja/Infinity though.... they are a different story ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back