Need BSOD MiniDMP File Read

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draetor24

Earlier this year I was having a lot of issues with my SB X-Fi card drivers causing crashes randomly. I fixed the problem, but just recently it happened again, but unsure if it's the sound card or something else this time.

I fixed the problem last time by just moving the card on a different PCI slot.

I'll upload my dump file, and wondering if anyone could please take a look at it and let me know which device driver is causing the problem.

Thanks.

Bump please.

Just the once, but I'm beginning to think more are coming.

Can you tell me specifically what driver file or what the problem is from the file? That way I can research it and find a solution.

Thanks again.

Off topic a little here. Could you also tell me how you figured it was the sound card by reading the dump? I have Dumpchk.exe, but when I read the file in a DOS prompt, I get a lot of information that I don't know how to read. Could you tell me where to look or how you figured it was a sound card issue just from the dump file?

This way I can help myself try and find a solution as well.

Thanks.

If it's only happened once then it might be just a one off. The file is ha20x2k.sys with a bugcheck of D1, and the process was medieval2. You can find the bugcheck codes HERE.

There's a brief tutorial and where to get the program you need to read the dumps HERE.

Yup, the ha20x2k.sys file is always the culprit. I can't believe it's acting up again after 3-4 months of no problems. After swapping the PCI slot and a clean XP install with latest drivers of everything, I never received it again. Medieval2 was the game I was playing at the time when it crashed and burned. I think it is specifically an EAX issue that Creative did not resolve.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back