Need card with DVI for new LCD monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

charvey

I just got a ViewSonic 19" VX924 and although it looks good with analog NVIDIA TNT2, I want to upgrade to something with DVI. AGP 8X or PCI X 16 is OK 'cause I haven't bought the MoBo yet. All I have is a Sempron 2800+ 1.6GHz.
This isn't my gaming computer, so all I need is something to support DVD Video playback (normal definition Blockbuster movies).

just a suggestion

ASUS EXTREME AX 300SE/TD has dvi and tv out
it a pcie
and im using one its awsome unbeleviable graphics for the price it eats nvida cards for breakfast :rolleyes:

oh its reall an ati radeon card so dowload the latest radeon drivers if you get one or you wont see what im talking about cheers :chef:

ATI used to be terrible for drivers, but they are now very very good. You need .NET framework instealledto take full advantage of the software they offer.

I think the type of card he's pointing you to is the X300 brand, which is essentially the entry level Radeon product. You can get it from any number of manufacturers. Asus, Sapphire or an ATI reference board come immediately to mind.

I second going for an X300, but price it out, and decide if you intend to do any gaming... If you do, it might be worth the extra 100-200 bucks to go for an X1300 or even an X1600.

you just need to download the latest ati radeaon drivers for the card
it still identifies as an asus extreem in hardware proprties it is verry good playing all games no probs

oh sorry

the drivers support is excellent top notch but i dont know what model they call it is 128 meg card and the graphics are awsome

I found that card on Google but no retailers. I called ASUS and went with the following card since I won't be playing games.....just photo editing and norm. def. DVD playback. I trust he knew what to reccommend. Anybody have one? How does it rate for my use?

ASUS V9520/TD
AGP 8X
128MB
GPU- NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200
- CineFX™ Engine delivers film-quality effects and studio-quality color
- Digital Vibrance Control 3.0
- nView™ Technology
- 128-bit, studio-precision color

DAnger warning

stay away from any cheap vidia based cards or you will have nothing but trouble regardeless of what the guy told you it seems to me they would have a high amount of those cards because they are rubbish.
sounds like he was a salesman trying to clear out bad stock !!!

the card i recomended is the best for your needs im not a hobby computer guy i build pcs for a living :)

so i get to test all the avenues this card i have recommened will bring you total releif. good price good product !!! asus lied to you
any cheap nvidia based cards are junk faulty junk
there are missing instruction sets on the chipset
and thats why i recommended the one i did.
im in australia i can get those cards here for $100 austrlian.
where are you maybe i can help???? maybe just maybe !!! :)

I think the ATi X300 or X600 would be a good choice. It has DVI and will be good enough to support DVD Playback. In terms of gaming, not a good choice of card, but for your specs, it's perfect.
ATi do have great driver support online. I use both nVIDIA and ATi cards and I honestly prefer the ATi support.

anything fx under gt6600 are rubbish total rubbish !!!
the ati x300 is the same card i recommend drivers are written perfect
all apps and never any faults but make sure you get the 128meg and not the 256 trust me on that one

computer help said:
anything fx under gt6600 are rubbish total rubbish !!!
the ati x300 is the same card i recommend drivers are written perfect
all apps and never any faults but make sure you get the 128meg and not the 256 trust me on that one

I have a friend who just purchased a computer (without my sonsultation unfortunately) and got an X300 w/ 256Mb of RAM

Why is the 256Mb version bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back