Need CPU, Mobo and Ram

Status
Not open for further replies.

h_pavon

I'm trying to build a cpu from scratch for my son, I need something to pair up with a Sata Hard Drive and a 7800gt 256mb DDR3 video card. I can spend exactly 200 US$ and need some recomendations, the PC will be used for gaming and was thinking of 2gb ram 800fsb which is around $80 which leaves me with 120 dolla for cpu and mobo. Im planing on going with AMD CPU but I still need a good, powerfull and cheap mobo... what are your recommendations?

10x in advance!

You are in Central America? If you had $400 you might have better luck with this task... Check around locally. Someone might have a complete system available for your $200, that you can part-out

Tmagic650 said:
You are in Central America? If you had $400 you might have better luck with this task... Check around locally. Someone might have a complete system available for your $200, that you can part-out
Yes I am in Honduras, Central America but I get all my PC needs from newegg, frys, tigerdirect. I have 3 brothers in the US or I can have them shipped here, thats no problem.

I was planning on spending 70-80 US$ on 2gb 800fsb ram, an AMD 64 X2 for around $70 and the remaining 50 dolla on a cheap but functional AM2 mobo which I dont have a clue in what to get. I hope to get help here, I want cpu and ram to pair up 7800gt 256mb ddr3 and sata hard drive.

Cool... that makes a difference. I buy 99% of my computer parts from Newegg. I knew they didn't ship outside the US. I'm trying to build a complete system for $400 right now and Newegg has complete systems, minus a monitor and printer for about $400. That DDR3 memory need is going to make the motherboard more expensive. If you stayed with DDR or DDR2 memory you might be able to get a motherboard for $60 or so. A processor $65 and memory $45

yeh man, thats more like it... but im still trying to figure out a good AM2 mobo, im not planning on OC, but need something cheap and stable.

There are a lot of AM2 boards resonably priced, but they use DDR or DDR2 memory Biostar, Foxconn, MSI?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back