Need For Speed Underground 2 Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

marlsey

When i start the game, the loading page (not full screen,picture of the girl and the 2 cars) pops up and then it does nothing. Can someone help me.

Computer Specs
Pentium 4 2.6Ghz
1GB of RAM
NVIDIA Geforce 4 Ti 4200 with AGP8X 128MB(i reckon that is the problem)
Windows XP Professional

I have opened task manager and processes tab and after the window goes away, speed2 which is the Image name disapears.

What can i do, i reckon its the graphics card.

Need for Speed Underground 2 fix

Follow the steps in order to make it work:
1. Uninstall the game
2. Download C-Cleaner and also WINASO
3. Install and run C-Cleaner
4. Press Run Cleaner for each tab, then for the last tab Scan for Issues
5. Run WINASO
6. Restart your computer
7. Delete all the files that are from Underground 2 :bounce: :cool:

I have the exact same problem.

This same thing happens to me. I go to start the game and the picture with the girls pops up and then the process terminates. Have you ever used a differnt video adaptor on your computer prior to your Nvidia Geforce or do you have a video adaptor built into your main board aside from your Geforce?

The reason I asked this is because although I have yet solve the problem, I have figured out that in my situation the problem is from some sort conflict with some video settings in the registry. I think it's from my old video card. Even though I have all the current and correct Nvidia drivers installed, for some reason it appears that the game is getting mixed up with settings in the registry from my old video card.

WinASO. . .

i installed WinASO, it seemed an excellent program, but i performed the "Speed Up Your Computer" thingy option, and now i cant log into windows, ,well i can, but the instant it starts logging in, it automatically logs out. . what the feck is that all about?

marlsey said:
When i start the game, the loading page (not full screen,picture of the girl and the 2 cars) pops up and then it does nothing. Can someone help me.

Computer Specs
Pentium 4 2.6Ghz
1GB of RAM
NVIDIA Geforce 4 Ti 4200 with AGP8X 128MB(i reckon that is the problem)
Windows XP Professional

I have opened task manager and processes tab and after the window goes away, speed2 which is the Image name disapears.

What can i do, i reckon its the graphics card.

make sure the driver are up to date.
or maybe try to reinstall the drivers or try to play with different resolution.

Help!!

i have a problem in playing NFS2 as well..i cant excecute the game at all..when i insert my cd in.then error msg will pop up..error msg said the program had some serious problem and so on..

My specs:
AMD sempron 1.6
512MB apacer DDR400
triplex ati radeon 9550 256mb
NF8 motherboard from ABIT

can anyone help me, pls!!thanx

p/s: i got all the latest driver..this is my new pc.i m not sure why this game dont work..

NFS UG2 Problem

Here is what you do:
1. Erase the game including the directory.
2. USE C-Cleaner and WINASO to clean up you junk files and other unused things.
3.Restart your computer.
4. Download and install the latest NVDIDA or ATI DRIVERS depending on your manufacturer
5. Before installing erase the old ATI or NVDIA DRIVERS, including the directory.
6. Install the new drivers and Restart your computer.
7. Install Need for Speed Underground 2.
8. Turn off Antialiasing, and in the game set everything on MEDIUM-LOW or Medium.
9. Make sure the game resolution is 800x600 for best performance.
10. It will help you a great deal if you buy another Graphics Card like Geforce 5950 ULTRA or Geforce 6800 GT :) :)

Hey - I am having the same problem as the first post in this thread - the splash screen comes up and then goes to black for a second before returning to windows as if nothing had ever happened.

I have contacted EA TechSupport, but have not heard from them yet. Have also tried everything that I could find on the net to try, such as removing all background tasks and running the game from a clean boot of windows.

I have patched the game to v1.2 - here's my specs:

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519)
BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.40GHzProcessor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.40GHz
Memory: 1024MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200
Display Memory: 128.0 MB
Sound: Creative SB Extigy

All of my drivers are up to date and I have made sure that this is case.

NFSFAN said:
Follow the steps in order to make it work:
1. Uninstall the game
2. Download C-Cleaner and also WINASO
3. Install and run C-Cleaner
4. Press Run Cleaner for each tab, then for the last tab Scan for Issues
5. Run WINASO
6. Restart your computer
7. Delete all the files that are from Underground 2 :bounce: :cool:

I tried the above fix, but it did not work - the game still crashes after it goes to full screen.

Does anyone have any other ideas that might work?

Just thought I would add that I got an email from EA this afternoon that said the problem was caused by my dual display setup and that all EA games will not run on a dual display system (which is bollocks because I have run a whole bunch of EA games on here).

Either way, I uninstalled the secondary monitor and it still had the same problem, now I am waiting to see what else they suggest.

If I get anything helpful, I'll post it here :)

Nfs Ug2 Problem

Did you uninstall the second monitor or just unplugged it??
If it doesn't work try this on Desktop right-click and select properties the settings and then advanced go to your NVIDIA tab and click on PErformance and Quality Settings make sure Hardware Acceleration is on Single-Display Mode. Next Force Mip Maps should be set to none. Is your game original, clone or pirated??? Make sure if it is a clone download a mini-image from game copy world or game burn world ;) :giddy: ;)

I double checked those settings and they are all okay, the secondary has been completely uninstalled (even took it out in device manager just in case).

The game is an original, I bought it the other day because it was on special at Kmart ;)

hi there again I really come down to think it is your Sound Card because it is external take it out and then try :approve:

Tried that too man, but no luck.

I got the final word from EA - basically, stop trying and take it back to the store and get another copy.

Thanks for all the attempts, but I think I will send them a big fat warranty claim.

Hey did you try updating your NVIDIA Drivers to 77.77 Forceware??? If not update them, also if they don't work try downloading the detonator drivers that should work for sure. Also make sure you delete the old Forceware so they don't conflict. One thing i know it is certainly not your components maybe some driver issue. Try a search on google see what comes up.

NFSFAN said:
Hey did you try updating your NVIDIA Drivers to 77.77 Forceware??? If not update them, also if they don't work try downloading the detonator drivers that should work for sure. Also make sure you delete the old Forceware so they don't conflict. One thing i know it is certainly not your components maybe some driver issue. Try a search on google see what comes up.

This is probably bad advice..sounds stupid but NFSU2 won't run with 77.77 drivers!! I had just installed them on my pc and the game refused to start. I rolled back to 71.89 and the game is running no problems again! I think the reason may be that the 77.77 have support for SLi and this may be causing the problems with NFSU2??

ANyway switch back or roll back to 71.89 and the game will work! :)

Hi my problem with nfsu2 is that whean i start the game it closes and sends a message saying that "speed2.exe has encounterd a problem and needs to close". Even if i insert cd 2. Here's my computer specs:

Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
System Memory 256.5
Processor Speed 1002.5
DirectX Version 9.0c
Display Device NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500
Display Memory 128.0
Display Driver 6.14.10.7772
Sound Device C-Media Wave Device
Sound Driver 5.12.01.0639

HELP!
i just want to know what's C-Cleaner and WINASO, where from i can download it? and how does it work?
i've troubles playing NFSU4, but seems like if i clean my system using these softwares then may be it would start working properly.
if it doesn't then i'll again need your help. Please tell me about C-Cleaner and WINASO first.
THANKS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back