Need help adding hard drive space (compatibility and how-to)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My computer currently has two 250GB SATA hard drives in a RAID configuration. I have a lot of digital music and want to put that on two external hard drives in order to keep it separate and portable. I have decided to buy internal hard drives and plug them into cases to turn them into external drives. I have already ordered a Seagate 200GB Ultra ATA/100 8MB Buffer Retail Kit, which I think I can just plug into one of the cases that I have ordered and then plug it into the computer (since it is a kit and comes with the necessary software and everything). However, for the second drive I have found a good deal on a Maxtor Ultra 16 PATA 250GB internal hard drive. This second one is NOT a retail kit, so here are my following questions:

1) Will all of these drives be compatible together?
2) The Maxtor, since it isn't a retail kit, doesn't come with any software. Will that one be just as easy as slipping it into the case and plugging it into the computer, or will it take something else?

Thank you so much for all your help!

Unless your using the drives in a RAID configuration there shouldn't be any conflict at all.
The oem version won't be a problem you will not need any software to install it( windows should recognize and format/partition it). but if you want to use Mfg's drive software ,just download it from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back