Need help buying headphones

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinnyirl

Hello all
I am trying to find cheap indestructible headphones. There to be used in my computer society which has lots of students taking them off and putting them back on a million times a day so they need to be extremely durable.

Most I can spend is about 20 euro for each set but the cheaper the better.

I would just go buy some of the cheapest you can find that are not ear buds. It would probably save money to just buy pairs for 3-4 euro and replace them a bit more often than to buy 17 euro pairs that will probably wear out or be stolen anyway.

Yea expensive ones would definitely get nicked, but I cable tie the mouse and keyboard cable together then cable tie them to the case. Could do the same for the headphones :)
Had to switch to optical mice because the balls kept getting nicked, what is people fascination with those balls?

vinnyirl said:
Hello all
I am trying to find cheap indestructible headphones. There to be used in my computer society which has lots of students taking them off and putting them back on.

Allowing your students to use headphones that have been used by someone else is a very unhealthy practice. Germs are spread very easily. Discuss the matter with your local health officials.

Much better to have each student own their own headphones.

I actually never even though about that, there is a nurse in the college I suppose she would know.
I wont be using in-ear headphones because thats just plain dangerous, im not sure if normal headphones would be able to carry germs. Looks like a little more research. Maybe there are headphones with antiseptic foam or something.

vinnyirl said:
Maybe there are headphones with antiseptic foam or something.
Thats probably possible, but it probably is a good idea to have everyone bring their own. That way people can use headphones that they like and you don't have as many theft, bacteria, or breakage concerns.

Ewwwww! Head lice! LOL I would check out some small retailers in my area and try to make a deal with the owner to get your students a discounted price, like 10 or 15% off. That way the students can decide if they want head phones or ear buds. They also wouldn't have to buy from that retailer if they so choose. Just make having your own head phones a class requirement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back