Need help choosing a motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterock

First off thank you all for the help and support in the past. I'm in the market for a new motherboard to go along with my 650watt quad rail PSU & Intel E6600 & 2 gig DDR2 1066 mushkin ram & 8800gts 640mb video card. After alot of reading up on Mobo's I'm super confused. I have my eye on a 680i I love alot of the features it has to offer but with all problems they are having with this new chipset I'm a little afraid because of my semi low level of overall knowledge about bios flashing and voltage and timing settings. I have done some adjustments in bios with other computers but experience is minimal. I see there is a 650i board available by Asus and seems to have good ratings and reviews but not that many. Plus theres the 965 and the 975x board out there. Which to buy and is there a difference in each manufacturer other than a label and price?? How much better is the 680i over the 650i and the 965. Thanks in advance

We have seen enough troubles with new motherboards (sometimes a 11% failure rate until they get things worked out) that It can sometimes pay off to get a slightly more mature board, rather than to be part of the quality control and assessment of the newest hot dog.... will you really detect the differences?

well i put everything back in gateway aka my processor ram and harddrive and i still get the same problem so i guess my motherboard isnt fried so idk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back