Need Help Choosing Headphones

Status
Not open for further replies.
HEY

I need help choosing quality headphones to use for music composition. Being a musician and a striving composer I need quality headphones that I can use to hear deep bass and bright treble. I'm thinking about spending around $150 US, and no more than $200 US. I have heard of Sennheiser and i think it was something like Grato? or something? If anyone could help advise it would be much appreciated. Also I would like the headphones to be well rounded so I could listen to Rock and Jazz as well as the classical that I am writing.

Thanks a bunch

THE ACKDADDY

welcome to techspot.
i'm a musician too (bass) and i'd have to say that either akg or bose products are top-notch. i've used many 'phones thus far at gigs and stuff and the akg and bose headphones have been consistently good.
i'm real cheap, as the ones i actually own are a pair of $20 sonys.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I`d have to say either Sennheiser or akg. Both are really good. Go to a hifi shop and try out lots of different ones untill you find something you like.

Don`t forget to take some of your own cd`s with you, so that you can compare results.

Once you`ve decided on the headphones you want, then buy them online. It should be cheaper.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

You definently should go and listen different headphones. If you can't hear the difference then there is no point in paying for it.

I have a pair of Sennheiser HD555 recommended by young_and_wild (and co) - cost me ~€130 with shipping and banking (I live far away from civilization :p ). Very happy with them - they sound great with portable devices (low impedance) and are comfortable to wear. They also sound very good in high frequencies - the place where my ears are most sensitive in.

Thanks

Actually I have Sam Ash and guitar center both within 20 mins of me, thanks for that. I mean I'm a musician, but I play trumpet so I've never had much need for quality headphones before ya know? Well thanks a bunch :wave:

I usually use my B&O Form 2 to listen to stuff on my computer, pretty good headphones. Pretty cheap when I got them. $160 Canadian (approx.) must of been 3-4 years ago.

Their pretty good but they get annoying after a while, thats just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back