Need help chosing CPU and Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norak

I am saving up to build a computer - a process long awaited in my mind.
I have a limit of around $1000 for the whole computer, and I have chosen all of my other parts but the main ones.

The choice is too hard... I don't see much difference between the AMD Semperon (hope I spelt it correctly), or the Intel Celeron's.
I also don't know what features to go for on my Motherboard.

Would somebody be able to help me?

For that kind of money you should consider an AMD athlon 64 3000+ or similar socket939.

There are plenty of good socket 939 mobo`s in your price range.

Take a look at the Techpot priceguide at the top of this page.

Regards Howard :)

yes go with a starter end....

yes go with a starter end 939 mobo and a 64 3000+this would be your best bet and you can upgrade a massive amount when you have the money to.

Holy Carp!!!

HOLY CARP IN THE SEA!!! my mother board and video cards have jumped up in price by $30.00 each and my RAM has droped buy $50.00 per stick at the store I use... this is crazy!

Ok i have the same ? But i need to know what mobo will fit best in my Dell case, and my current mobo has 5 pci slots and a longer black one(not sure whats its called) and a shorter brown one thats a little further in. I want to add a graphics card and a nic and a sound card. it has a sky hawk power supply(not sure what specs you would need to know) Right now i just want to get the mobo and processor. Anything above 2.0 gig or better what ever is least expensive, but good. very low budget. i have looked up mobo and stuff, but i am clueless as what to get. never worked with them before. Any and all help greatly!! appreciated.

Thanks Bipolar

Bipolar the long black one is a ISA slot and brown one is a AGp slot, u can go for a AGP graphics card. according to ur budget.

Between what MB are using

good hunting :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back