Need help decyphering MINIDMP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuzzylogik

Ok, I give up. I've been working on this problem for hours and I have nothing to show for it -- any help would be appreciated.

I just fininshed building a new computer:

Asus P5LD2-Deluxe
Pentium® Processor 930 3.0GHz, 800MHz FSB, Socket 775
OCZ DDR2-667 PC2-5400 Gold Edition Enhanced Latency Dual Channel Memory
Antec NeoHE 550
BFG GeForce 7900 GT PCI Express

Installed WinXP, drivers, programs with no problem. Now it's blue screening like nobody's business, very shortly after all programs installed. Here's the problem -- I still can't decypher the damned minidmps. I've been online all morning reading about similar errors, loading the support tools, symbols, etc. but once I get the info, I have no idea what I'm looking at.

The blue screen is consistent, always:
0x1000007f (00000008, 80042000, 0x0, 0x0)

I'd love to know what's crashing my @#$%^&* computer, but more than anything else, I'd appreciate anyone's insight into how to read these bloody things.

Thank you,
Fuzzylogik

Hi FuzzyLogic:
Inspecting your minidump reveals a DRIVER_FAULT in device RtkHDAud.

This appears to be the RealTek HD Audio device- likely on-board sound causing issues. A quick test if this is indeed your problem would be to disable on-board audio in the BIOS then putz around on your new PC for a while seeing if blue-screens go away.

My best suggestion would be to try the latect audio drivers you can get ahold of, or disable the sucker and get a cheapo PCI Audigy2 or XiFi soundcard.

On your second question, a good step-by-step on how to parse/analyze minidumps can be found here:
http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35246

Good luck!

Thanks Sharkfood. My gut feeling was the same as well, so I had already disabled the onboard audio and installed an old SB card. Everything appears to be stable now, but I'm running a 2 hr burn in test on it just in case.

Appreciate the help -- especial re: the minidumps!

Fuzzylogik

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back