Need help fast-9500 Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

NV30

Getting massive screen corruption with it, I built the following system for my cousin:

2800+
512MB stick of PC3200 by OCZ
R9500 Pro built by ATI
80GB WD Barracuda drive
CDRW by LG
SX1040 case-400W Antec PSU
Gigabyte KT600 board

Now this is my exact problem:

It went through the XP install just fine, and then we played Comanche 4 for 20 mins which was very fluid and looking great! Left it on, went for dinner, came back and there were all sorts of lines through the screen, and some dots as well. No amount of reboots would help.

I need this fixed by tonight, since I leave Saturday and they're not that computer-literate and I have to install some other stuff for them yet.

Now it seems that the monitor isn't even getting a signal from the card (bad VGA connector?). I'm going to try to call ATI and give them a shot.

Thanks a bunch for any help :)

Most likely your video card is defective. Try letting your PC cool down for a while before turning it on again. If display is still corrupt (even during boot) then try also reseating your card. If problem persists, then you should send the card back for replacement as it is faulty. You may also want to try installing another video card, just to rule out mobo problems, but its highly unlikely, though not impossible, to be the mobo.

yeah if this is a newly built system I would say it's probably a defective card.

Thanks for the replies. :) I called ATI, they think it's a defective card as well. I have no other card to test the mobo with :-/, but the rest of the mobo works fine.

Nic,

Yeah it seems to work better from a cold boot, and I've reseated the card a few times but it hasn't helped.

Maybe the fan isnt spinning up, or the the heatsink wasnt put on properly? Say you first started the computer, installed winxp (doesnt use 3d acceleration), then you jumped into C4, and that got the card overly hot because the fan wasnt working or as I said maybe the heatsink isnt on properly.... It kept getting hotter and hotter until eventually it broke :cool:

Just a thought ;)

Nah, I doubt it, the fan spins just fine, and spun up before, I remember checking it. Anyway NCIX will take it back (place I got it from) and replace it. :-D Now the question is how long is it going to take...

NCIX called this morning saying that they'd run out of 9500s before they processed my order. :( Now what am I to do? I leave tomorrow. Should I try updating the card's BIOS, CATs and 4in1s?

if that card is under warranty and they dont have any 9500's left then someone owes you a 9600

Alright, I managed to snap a pic of it. I rebooted and Windows wouldn't load, why I couldn't make out. Now with an old GF2 in here it runs w/no problems. :eek: Why does this have to be so complicated?

30979.jpg

Yea, I'll give bargaining with them a shot. Mind you they don't ship on weekends. I just may be able to delay my flight because of this power outage everything will be overbooked anyway. <fingers CROSSED>.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back