Need Help From an expert 'cannot boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobbPell

I recently found that i had a minor trojan on my computer but was unable to delete it because it was being used by another program so i was going to reboot into safe mode and delete it but i made the mistake of start run msconfig and clicking safe mode then rebooting i cannot boot into safe mode and i am stuck in a loop i tryed going to the last working config and nothing if anyone has any thing that may help please let me!

i have tryed booting in safe mode and i belive that was the problem because but i didnt know about the f8 thing when i tryed it and i change the setting on msconfig to reboot in safe mode but safe mode doesnt work so it keeps restarting over and over i was wondering if there was a way to change the settings some how without booting or i know its a lost cause but i am just trying this before i reinstall windows aka erase everything :( because i havent backed up in a while

o and i cannot boot up windows and i have norton internet security

I don't really know what to do now. I guess one of TechSpot's more experienced members will have to help you out here.

And if you do get your system working again, I'd recommend AVG Internet Security instead of Norton.

thanks anyway, I get a free subscription to norton with my work but is avg rely better i havent had any problem until now and does anyone know how i can acces my files or back up without windows or mabe boot from a disk without reinstalling windows

your registry is probably corrupt. If you have norton, boot off the CD and run registry repair on your HD. Let the registry get repaired.The boot in safe mode on the HD. Turn off system restore and remove the trojans with a good anti trojan horse program or two. Then run your anti-virus. Once convinced your HD is clean, turn system restore back on.

in the future use crap cleaner registry repair. Unfortunately, you cannot boot into CC from a CD rom.

i do not have a cd to boot from and i do not have a floppy drive and the only cd i have with windows is the one it comes with to reinstall everything but that formts c so i would lose everything im looking for something i can download that will create a cd to boot from or a place to get one

um that didnt help at all the second step is to boot form the windows cd i do not have one only the cd that reinstalls all pre loaded software am i going to have to buy a windows cd jus to reboot with a cd is there no where i can download a boot cd or a store i can get one without spending the 2oo+ dollars for windows. i have a toshiba with windows media edition with sp2.

i just need to know if there is a boot cd avalibal that is simaler to the boot disks avaliable from microsoft.com i found the floppy disk to bootfrom but i dont have a floppy drive i just need a cd the is like the floppy boot disk

i dunno if this would work or not, i'm just guessing lol. copy the files from the boot disk you have (floppy) and burn them to a cd?

ok well i have succesfully booted from the MCE cd but i still cannot boot in safe mode i have a trojan in C:\windows\system32\jkhfe.dll and i cannot delete or fix it becasue it says acces denied it may be being used by anohter progam i have tryed msconfig diagnostic start up but i still get the same message and my norton registry repair is not working is there another ,free, one i should try

it attempts to boot in safe mode but just restarts the computer if my proplem was only a broken key on my keyboard i would know and as i sayed about the alternate wa to boot in safe mode is msconfig and click safeboot.ini and it caused my computer to loop becuase safe mode does not work so i had to get the windows xp cd to boot windows back up. i have tryed counter spy , spy bot search and distroy, norton, bit defender, and panda activescan and it is still here and it is still saying access denied and still no safe mode

at this point and if it were me in your position, i would be looking to format. as no one else can come up with a solution, it seems like the only alternative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back