Need help getting rid of trojan.zlob virus. hijack log is attached

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am trying to get rid of this trojan zlob virus on a friend of mines computer. attached is a copy of the hijack log. please help

Ok you have linkgrabber99 adware
for a starter go to windows task manager (ctrl-alt-delete)
and click on the processes tab.
Find mwsoemon.exe, click on it and then click terminate process.
This should fix it until you restart your computer.
After that you will need to clean the registry of all files related to the virus.
Copy the following folder then click on search (on the start menu, right side)
then click all files and folders. Paste the file in and click search.
When it finds the file delete it.

C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\1.bin\MWSOEMON.EXEmwsoemon.exe
mwsoemon.exe

Thanks but that didn't seem to work, I did find it on the task manager but when i did a search for it, the computer didn't find it..I am going to attach another hijack log. Also the Internet explorer has stopped working as well, could that be from the virus?

Still need help with getting rid of Trojan zlob virus

Ok I have attached another newer, hijack this log, please take a look and let me know if there is anything else that's running. Also the internet explorer is working now, the owners of the computer are now using firefox...so please HELP

You are heavily infected. Combofix should fix a lot of those

Please have a read here-> Is your system infected? Read this before Cleaning or Formatting

If you decide to clean your system please follow these Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions and post back in this thread with the requested logs. There should be at least 3.

1)AVG log
2)Combofix log
3)Hijackthis log (Step 15)

This thread is for the use of yungdac only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back