need help in upgrading S3 Graphics ProSavageDDR

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am currently using S3 Graphics ProSavageDDR but i need to upgrade it for some game that need a Minimum of 35mb Video Card but mine is 16mb atm, can any1 teach mi how to upgrade it? motherboard i using now is MSI P4MAM2-V, windwo XP

Welcome

Please post all your specs on your computer such as motherboard,CPU RAM OS and we wil go from there..

well you have a via chipset,the size of the shared memory depends upon your mobo and how much ram you have.you can easily upgrade the video ram by setting 32 or 64mb(if available)in you bios screen on the vga shared memory size,but just by increasing the amount of ram wont insure a smooth gaming performance.s3 is and onboard gpu,very weak,very slow,no hardware t&l support, so there is no garauntee that the game you want will run just by increasing the shared memory,it will also affect your system if you have 128 or 256 mb system ram.with that said,s3 is able to play games based on the quake and unreal engines,so there are quiet a bunch of games that can run on it but dont expect high resolution or frame rate,if you mention the game you are trying to run,someone can help you out and tell you if it will run or not.good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back