Need help interpreting crash/mini dump files.

Status
Not open for further replies.

1hawaii50

Well, If you followed my other thread with my numerous crashes, you'll have an idea of what I'm going through. I finally broke down and purchased a new video card, as I felt the old one was suspect. I've gotten 2 BSOD's since I installed it yesterday. One was the infamous PFN_LIST_CORRUPT, and the other is a IRQ_NOT_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL_TO. None of the crashes are showing any events in the event viewer. If you haven't seen my other thread, I've already replaced:
Processor
Motherboard
Memory (4 times)
Video Card

Any help with this before I toss this system out the front window would be greatly appreciated.

I've been chasing this problem for months, and have replaced just about the whole system. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here are the zipped files.

ouch, I guess you are in bad luck. dont buy any more hardware before someone here manage to find exactly the problem you are having.

I believe you did try to reformat and install a new OS right ?

can you please combine all of the mini-dumps logs you have and post them all together ? It will be a good idea to try and search the relation-ships between all of the dumps.

Good luck,
EZ

Chucking in my tuppennyworth here, have you looked at the windows logs to see if there is something in there?
Control Panel > Admin tools > event viewer > application log and also system log.
Being of a fairly idle nature, I like to see logs with yellow and red blobs showing severity - mark you, these logs don't always capture the causes of BSoDs.

to be honest with you , I think the event viewer was never helped me to recover from a BSOD. it did help me to find some application conflicts etc.

both mini dumps you provide are triggered by a virtual memory courrption of some kind. I dont believe it has anything to do with hardware.

I can find out the cause of the problem but will have to get a kernel dump from you.

to create a kernel dump you should do the following steps :

Go to control Panel -> System -> Advanced tab -> Startup and recovery Setting button.
Change Write debugging information section to kernel dump.

now notice that when a BSOD will generated , memory.dmp file will be generated in the directory %SYSTEMROOT%\memory.dmp

so in my XP it is c:\windows\memory.dmp.

the file that will generated will be around 100MB compressed to somthing from 10 to 35mb.

You will have to provide me with the file so I can analyze it. you can PM me and let me know how can I get this file.

P.S : you didn't answered my question about if you did try to re-install your OS.

Cheers,
EZ

I had one of my machines that the virtual memory got screwed up. It kept locking up and having BSOD as soon as I adjusted the VM it worked yhe way it should. The machine was set to let windows adjust it but failed to set up properly after a memory upgrade. When I got the machine it had 512mb I upgraded to 2gb but the VM stayed at 768mb.

if you want me to make a deep analysis of your problem I'll need a kernel dump.

Cheers,
EZ

Nope - not me. If I lived in Hawaii I am not sure I would spend so much time mucking about with computers - in UK things are different!

Sorry, for some reason I didn't get any notices that there were replies. I have 2 other logs that I can zip and add. As far as reformatting, I've reformatted about 6 times in the last month. Two of the BSOD's corrupted my O/S so I was forced to reformat. Currently, I've uninstalled Panda as of yesterday, and no crashes yet! Also, I'm not in Hawaii, I'm in Ohio. My name is from the old "Hawaii 5 Oh" TV series. (Yes, I'm a policeman).

Sorry 1hawaii50 - some of my best friends are coppers as I have been known to do some work for them.
The reports show a driver has caused a problem with memory - I cannot see which driver it is so perhaps EZ123 can help here?

AlbertLionheart said:
Sorry 1hawaii50 - some of my best friends are coppers as I have been known to do some work for them.
The reports show a driver has caused a problem with memory - I cannot see which driver it is so perhaps EZ123 can help here?

AlberLionheart,
Thanks for the reply, I figured I had it narrowed down to a driver conflict with my ATI card, so I switched to an NVidia card, but the problem followed.

Tedster,
Don't know if your reply was meant as sarcasm, or not. I've followed all of the threads I could find and read, which has gotten me as far as I've gotten. I've followed up with local friends who are much more knowledgeable than I, and they are amazed that I got as far as I did. I can read the apparent stuff in the debug log, but I can't read into the "hidden" information, which is why I am here, asking for help. And yes, I've already read that thread, and well as Microsoft's page (which I found pretty much useless). I've gone over the AUMHA pages numerous times also. Basically everything I've read says a PFN_LIST_CORRUPT is anything from bad memory, to hard drive, to processor. It's all been replaced and I still have the problem. If I'm missing something from those pages that spells it out for me, please let me know. Like a lot of us, I'm trying to learn as I go. If you can help, I welcome it. If not, please don't tell me to "figure it out on my own". If I'd been able to, I wouldn't be here seeking help. Thanks guys, keep it coming.

I wanted to tell you that I am suspecting pandas antivirus.
The reason I do is because of the massive numbers of drivers you have related to pandas (around 10!!!).

I can promise you that you are experience a software problem and not an hardware problem.

if you did said that you installed your PC 6 times and always getting this BSOD, now try to list all of the applications you have installed everytime.

let us know if removing pandas solves the problem. I suspect it will fix it.

if this is not the issue, try removing other software you have installed until you will find the one that causing this crash.

I can help you more , but I need a kernel dump as I describe in early posts.

EZ

1Hawii50,

Your problem was posted at another forum and the reply was Panda one week ago. You haven't feedback your result at that forum after you uninstall Panda. Panda Firewall has known software at several version which cause various system crashes such as bugcheck code 0A, 4E, 8E and etv. You have to contact Panda which version of Panda is stable.

1hawaii50 said:
Sorry, for some reason I didn't get any notices that there were replies. I have 2 other logs that I can zip and add. As far as reformatting, I've reformatted about 6 times in the last month. Two of the BSOD's corrupted my O/S so I was forced to reformat. Currently, I've uninstalled Panda as of yesterday, and no crashes yet! Also, I'm not in Hawaii, I'm in Ohio. My name is from the old "Hawaii 5 Oh" TV series. (Yes, I'm a policeman).

CPC2004,

Thank you for looking at the logs. Yes, it was suggested that Panda could be the problem. I was off of the forums for about a week due to another reformat necessitated by a crash. I've uninstalled Panda 2 days ago, and so far (I hate to even say it) no BSOD's. I'll give it another few days before I feel confident that the problem is actually Panda. The 2006 version gave me no issues, it seems like my problems started shortly after installing the 2007 version. I'll give it another few days and see what happens. As far as contacting Panda, I had a few minor issues when I initially installed 2007, and all of my e-mails were answered with a standard e-mail response...they weren't really any help at all. If my problem is Panda (which is looking more and more likely) then I think I'll be finding some new AV/Firewall software.

EZ123,
There are a lot of drivers related to Panda because I was running their 2007 internet security package which consisted of AV, Firewall, anti-phishing, and everything else included with the software. I will get you a Kernel dump on the next crash. As I said, I un-installed Panda a few days ago and haven't gotten a crash yet. As soon as I get the next one, I'll keep you updated.

Thank you for the replies.

Ok, I'm officially declaring Panda as the source of my headaches. No crashes since un-installing it 9 days ago. Thanks everyone for your help and suggestions. I've got Comodo/AVG up and running for a few days now w/o any problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back