need help keep getting blue screen of death

Status
Not open for further replies.

drkdragon882002

Hi im new to this fourm but i have a problem. I just bought a brand new laptop with vista and it is only 1 week old but i have had like at least 6 blue screen of deaths. Can someone help me solve this problem thanks in advance. I uploaded the minidump files if it helps

specs
2 gb ram
1.8ghz amd duo x2 processor
250 gb hd
ati radeon x1200 graphics

Is it a Dell? Doesn't look like it from the specs. If it is, you can try a restore from factory image.

What have you installed since you got it?

Have you been doing any heavy downloading and if so, what kind?

ive installed the CA internet security which i have jsut uninstalled and i installed many games such as call of duty 2, day of defeat source, cs source, rome total war, i also installed microsoft office 2007, nero 7 , itunes, firefox, i notice that it crashes when i am listening to music

For someone who only got the computer 1 week ago, you're pretty busy!! Do you not have a real job? ;)

Anyhow, now for the guilt-testing question, have you been using any peer-to-peer filesharing programs such as Limewire, Ares, Kazaa, ... ?

My first reaction is that there is some kind of system corruption. I might first try Vista repair installation. I have yet to do one, so I'll presume the steps are identical or similar to an XP repair installation.

o ok but as of right now im gunna try using it w/o my internet security and see what happens and if it still happens then ill do a repair

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back